Monday, December 19, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

So how many of us make them and not stick to them?? I know I am guilty of this, I make them and stick to them for what......a few weeks.  But not anymore!!! I am going to make realistic goals. Yes some may sound far fetched but with determination and God by my side I can do anything. So here are my New Year's Resolutions-

1-Be in the Word everyday. Not just reading my bible but doing bible studies as well.
2-Be a better wife
3-Be a better mother
4-Be a better sister
5-Be a better friend
6-Eat better. I don't eat bad but I can always do better
7-Exercise at least 5 days a week
8-Start and finish my first marathon in May
9-This one may be far fetched but hey I can dream- to compete in a Spartan race with my girls:) (if you have never heard of a spartan race go to the website http://www.spartanrace.com/) With wanting to compete in a spartan race comes some pretty hardcore training which I am up for.
10-To be in the best shape I have ever been in by my birthday in May. Yep that is only about 5 months away and this to may seem far fetched to some but with training for a marathon and a spartan race it shouldn't be a problem.
11-Is to finally meet some very wonderful ladies that I met on an online moms website. They are all wonderful Christian moms who have all blessed my life in one way or another.
12-Is to meet my friend Kat. She is such an inspiration to me.  We both wished we lived closer. So we text and use facebook to keep in touch.

I know that seems like and just rereading it I'm starting to get overwhelmed but as long as I keep my eyes on Jesus everything else will fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Nichole that brought tears to my eyes! I really wish we lived closer but we dont live too far and when I pop out this baby we will def get together! <3
    As for the spartan, I will come to you if you can register! Shoot if I win a free race Im signing you up!!! Its the best feeling ever to finish one. Look, now I am a spartan addict!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete